Dating stereoviews color Video chat to black women on line
In 1905, Keystone incorporated and created the Educational Department "for the purpose of selling lantern slides, stereographs, stereoscopes, projection equipment and accessories to schools." At that time, the original sales staff became known as "Department A." From 1915 to 1921, Keystone purchased several smaller companies.
Underwood & Underwood sold most of its stereoscopic library to Keystone.
After 80 years in Meadville, Keystone moved to Masts headquarters in Davenport, Iowa in 1972. went out of business in 1978, and donated the stereographic library to the University of California, Riverside, California Museum of Photography in 1979.
The manufacture of stereographs was labor intensive.
The first Keystone set consisted exclusively of 30 file photos from travel series and past wars with text revised to bring them up to date.This purchase gave Keystone an archive of nearly one million views and made it "the unchallenged leader in the stereoscopic educational business." In 1932, Keystone began promoting the value of stereographs as therapy in correcting visual problems and established the Stereophthalmic Department to manage that business area.Singley retired as president of the company in 1937 at the age of 72.The subject matter largely consisted of travel scenes and comics.There was intense competition between Keystone and Underwood & Underwood not only for sales, but also to recruit college students as salesmen each year.